The maps of land cover constitute essential tools for development planning and soil management. The maps of land cover that represent the current status, are essential in cases where due to rapid changes has been realized complete reformation of the agricultural and other sectors. The scale of such maps should be large enough in order to provide analytical information, to allow the regional evaluation, the conduct of statistical studies and the future planning.
In particular, Aratos Land Use and Land Cover System™ service provides the following:
- Data collection of the area of interest, using high resolution multispectral satellite data
- Data collection in advanced DBMS systems
- Relative study of satellite data with existing land networks for observation
- Creation of land use and land cover application models according to the customers’ requirements
- Development of interactive maps, using GIS applications based on Web Services (Development of maps regarding areas of interest).