Aratos Technologies S.A. continues to support the greek municipalities against fires, as it did last year. Aratos Disaster Control continues to detect possible fires and send warnings in order to great disasters be avoided. Moreover, Rapid Damage Assessment for each fire is sent, for free, with valuable information for the burnt area. An example is depicted in the next image:
Aratos Technologies S.A. updates continuously its product for Civil Protection, Aratos Disaster Control. Our last update regards the layer of “earthquakes”. With this update, the users of Aratos Disaster Control, are reliably and immediately informed about the seismic activity of the area of their interest.
Aratos Technologies S.A. signed the contract with the Prefecture of Arcadia for the acquisition of Aratos Disaster Control. Moreover, the installation of the system was accomplished successfully.
Aratos Technologies S.A. participated in the kick-off meeting of the SEOCA (GEO Capacity building initiative in Central Asia) project which took place from 17th to 18th of June 2010. You can visit the project’s website here.
Aratos Technologies S.A. participated in the 4th GEO European Projects Workshop (http://www.greekgeo.noa.gr/en.4thgeoprojectsworkshop.html), representing FP7 SEOCA project (www.geo-seoca.net). The Workshop took place in Athens from 29th to 30th of April.
Aratos Technologies S.A. offers a new service to all municipalities with an extremely low cost. Specifically our company offers satellite maps which depict all projects that have been accomplished from 2007 to 2010. These projects can be significant building projects, reconstructions, road newtwork improvement etc. We can adjust the map to your needs.
See the image example below…
This animation shows the movement of the ash plume from the eruption of the Eyjafjallajoekull glacier in Iceland.
The information has been derived by a model using SO2 as particle tracer for the ash plume. This model has been developed at the Norwegian Institute for Air Research in the Department of Atmospheric and Climate Research.
Aratos Technologies S.A. offers a unique set of challenging and rewarding Internship Program for University Students, recent University Graduates as well as Career Changers looking to gain valuable real-world experience.
With a solid foundation, based on future trends in the space industry, Aratos Technologies S.A. will strengthen your career prospects and support you in all your future professional endeavors.
We offer a wide range of Internship Opportunities for highly qualified and career-oriented individuals in the following specializations:
Ø Opportunities within Project Consulting
Ø Opportunities within Software Engineering
Ø Opportunities within Sales and Marketing\
Internships in Aratos Technologies S.A. typically range from 6 to 12 months. There are exceptions in certain situations.
As an intern, you will get involved in projects and activities that allow you to enrich your professional background, make real contribution and build your network of peers and leaders.
Upon successful completion of the internship, the intern will receive a certification proving the professional experience gained during the internship period.
All Internship openings require very good command of the English language, problem-solving capabilities and team working capabilities.
All CVs will be treated under strict confidentiality.
SEOCA’s project Web Site now available on: www.geo-seoca.net. Visit SEOCA’s website here. SEOCA is a project about GEO Capacity building initiative in Central Asia. In this website you can download the relevant pdf file.
Aratos Disaster Control is the best solution for Fire Management. This is because Aratos Disaster Control (ADC) has the following advantages:
- In case of fire, the system offers total attendance while on addtional is independent of human intervention (vandalism, stealing etc.) and other indicental or consequential damage (burning, damaging camera/sensor etc.).
- It has zero maintenance cost and does not require replacement of equipment or training and constant presence of staff (guards, maintenace)
- The total cost ammounts to 1/5 of the cost for small regions and to 1/20 for bigger ones compared with alternatives (cameras, sensors etc.).
- It provides the possibility of direct capture of fire accurately by using Geographic Information System (GIS) at crisis centers.
- It acts at the stages of Prevention, Crisis and Assessment.
- It does not require special education for the users or new specialized staff.
- The system’s architecture is open, allowing for operation and interoperability with other existing systems.
- Updating with new services is done without additional charge and with user friendly way, even remotely, without the participation of the end user.
- The cost of the protection, update and maintenance of the extremely complicated satellite receiving station and the procedures of treatment of the station affect our company and not the users.